Your pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems and any other issues that can affect your pet’s health and quality of life.
A wellness examination includes an evaluation of all of your pet’s major organ systems. We’ll use the wellness visit to ask you questions about your pet’s behavior, appetite, exercise habits, and regular activities at home. This is also an excellent time for us to discuss any routine diagnostic testing that may benefit your pet or to recommend any vaccinations that may be due. If your pet seems healthy, a wellness examination is a good opportunity to note any changes, such as weight gain or loss or other subtle changes that may not be evident at home. Sometimes, information obtained during a wellness examination can help detect early signs of illness and address health issues before they progress.
A wellness examination is also your chance to have us address your questions or concerns about your pet. We welcome your questions. No question is too small or too silly, and it is our pleasure to address your concerns. We strive to help you understand your pet’s health considerations, and we encourage you to be involved in decisions regarding your pet’s health care.
Finally, wellness examinations help us establish a relationship with you and your pet. Through your pet’s physical examinations, other wellness procedures, and our consultations with you, we get to know your pet and learn about his or her lifestyle, personality, health risks, home environment, and other important information. We encourage you to use wellness examinations to take an active role in your pet’s health care.
Puppy and Kitten Care
Puppies and kittens hold a special place in our hearts. Every puppy and kitten requires regular wellness care to grow and thrive. We offer puppy and kitten packages combining all your new puppy or kittens needs to get them started for their first year of life, in an affordable package! By combining all the services in a package, you will receive a 15 % discount.
We recommend puppy and kitten vaccines as a general preventive measure. These vaccines are given as a series of vaccinations, beginning at 8 weeks of age and completed around the 6-month mark, to build immunity as your young pet grows.
With your puppy or kitten package your new pet will receive the following services:
- Series of nose to tail exam with doctor
- Discuss general health concerns for breed/species
- Discuss the importance of vaccinations with your doctor and administering age appropriate vaccines
- Nutritional counseling for your growing puppy or kitten
- Behavioral counseling
- Housebreaking puppies and training kittens to use their litter box
- Preparing your pet for trips to the vet to make their visit less stressful
- Discussing bad habits like chewing, biting, and scratching
- Series of appropriate vaccines for pet’s age.
- Establishing a vaccine routine with your veterinarian at Village Park
- Vaccine schedule for puppies
- Distemper/Parvo vaccine is given at 8, 12, and 16 weeks old. Boosted at 1 year of age**
- Oral Bordetella vaccine is given by mouth to prevent kennel cough, this is a 1-year vaccine.
- Rabies vaccine is the last vaccine your puppy will receive in their series between 16 to18 weeks old, this is a 1 year vaccine.
- Vaccine schedule for kittens
- Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) is ALWAYS preformed before the FELV vaccine is done.
- FVRCP, the feline distemper vaccine, is given at 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age. Boosted at 1 year of age**
- FELV vaccine is given at 12 and 16 weeks of age**
- Rabies 1-year vaccine is given between 16 to 18 weeks old.
- Fecal examination for intestinal parasites
- Fecal samples are sent out to the laboratory for testing of parasites.
- De-worming and intestinal parasite prevention
- Nail trims with each visit to help pet get used to them at a young age.
- HomeAgain Microchip with the first years registration
- 6 month supply of Heartworm medication for your new puppy
- Heartworm disease is spread though a single mosquito bite. Prevention is easy with a single dose monthly chew
- Discount off spay/neuter surgery with purchase of package
**Please recognize not all breeders give vaccines on the same schedule. Past given vaccines will be assessed and reviewed by your veterinarian, we will review all records to ensure your puppy or kitten is properly immunized
Please call today to schedule an appointment for us to meet your new pet!
Senior Pet Care
Did you know that pets age faster than people and can be considered “seniors” at just 7 years of age? Just as our health care needs change as we age, your pet’s health care needs also change. Nutritional needs, exercise habits, and many aspects of your pet’s daily routine can change as your pet ages. But how can you tell the difference between “normal” aging and a medical problem? As in humans, some health issues that affect older pets can begin with very subtle changes that may go unnoticed until the problem has become serious. As your pets age, they need special senior pet health care. During your senior pets bi annual exam your and your doctor will discuss the best ways to keep your senior pet in top shape
- Twice yearly examinations to monitor any changes in your pets health
- Comprehensive diagnostic testing
- Nutritional counseling
- Weight control and monitoring weight gain or loss
- Exercise and accommodations for changes in a pet’s mobility
- Home dental care
- Monitoring and understanding possible changes in an aging pet’s mental health and brain function
- End of life concerns
Older pets make wonderful companions, and thanks to advances in veterinary medicine, pets are living longer than ever! You are an important ally in your senior pet’s health care. We are here to help ensure that your pet is safe and happy throughout the “golden years.”